[Ansteorra-announce] From Aslyn

Crystal Lamb crystal.lamb at sabinevalley.org
Mon Jul 7 10:47:20 PDT 2003

Friends....family....all...

My heart is so full with so many words to say, and such a short time to
say them in as my co-workers are (as we speak) taking my job
responsibilities out of my hands and giving me less than five minutes to
write this message, collect my things, and leave the building...(lol).

In truth, I would so love to make this a "Patented Aslyn Story," and for
those who truly came to know me (if that's possible), if this was not
such a devastating and tragic scenario, and it occurred in another time
and place, there are enough heroic stories and acts of love here for a
thousand bardic circles.  At the moment, though, these gifts are wrapped
in my heart.

I would, however, share that I have been glaringly shown (among many
things) the long-term effects of simple choices, the rock solid
foundation of friendship that time does not lessen and how it sustains
(with no fake b.s.), how the little things that you do for someone adds
up to be greatly missed in the end, and that I turned out to be a dog
lover after all.

My family is grateful to both the larger Society community for their
thoughts, wishes and prayers, and those who sustained me and my family.

As for me, I'm alive and I've been forged.

I've felt and heard your thoughts, wishes and prayers, and I thank you.
It took this to make me finally understand:  this is what friends do.

And lastly...may I suggest that that you not only be grateful for the
breath you are now breathing, but that you mend any unmended fences.
Find peace, find joy, adore those around you.  And start on that road
today.

Much love and gratitude to you all,

Mistress Aslyn Crystyn

a\k\a Crystal Lamb