[Ansteorra-announce]Our Kingdom's Gate

Brian Martin twinoak at cox-internet.com
Sun Mar 2 22:14:02 PST 2003

Greetings All,

As the time for Gulf War XII draws closer I wanted to give a small
amount of word fame to a dear friend and one of Ansteorra's greatest
artisans: H.E. Master Fritz der Rothirsch. Many people from across the
kingdom, from Bordermarch to North Keep have given time, money and
effort to make our gate a reality, but none more so than Fritz. Since
its inception, when an impulsive GW liaison first pitched the idea of
the gate to Fritz, he has nurtured the idea of the gate into reality.
Numberless Ansteorrans have made plans, raised money, leant their skills
to the construction and driven long miles to deliver pieces and help
with the assembly of the gate. People as experienced in the SCA as a
five time king, and people as new as a gentleman who had attended only
three events have traveled to the Gulf War site to work on this monument
to our Kingdom. Yet Fritz has put his heart and his soul into this gate
and done so not at an easy time in his life, for life with a brand new
family is quite busy enough without a project like this to manage and
build. Fritz has worked a great many long hours and put himself through
the wringer for this gate and for his kingdom and we all owe him a debt
of gratitude for that work. While we can all take pride in our
accomplishment - for this is truly Ansteorra's gate - we still must all
thank Master Fritz for all that he has done. While we all share in this
accomplishment, it never would have happened without him.

Thank you,
H.E. Sir Pendaran Glamorgan,
Ansteorran Liaison, Gulf War XII