[Ansteorra-announce] Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame

Chris Baran chris_baran at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:28:59 PST 2003

Greetings to all those who read this missive,

I write to encourage those who would attend Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame
to do so and to bring their courage and skill with them.  The Defender of
the Flame is not held just by strength of arm alone.  It requires skill,
cunning and the smile of one's sponsor.  Twice I have carried victory from
the field of Glaslyn in the tourney and I will be defending my title for a
third time.  Is there one out there that will challenge me for this grand
title?

With this said I do challenge the fighters of Ansteorra one and all to come
and do battle upon Glaslyn's field.  Will any accept this challenge from me?
  I await to hear strong words from those that would take this title from
me.

In service to the Kingdom and to fair Glaslyn,

Eques Romanius Scipio Vesperanius
Twice Defender of the Flame