[Ansteorra-announce] THINK YOU CAN'T KILL YOUR WAY INTO "HEAVEN" (tm) ?- Fighting at Bjornsborg's Spring Event

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Sun Mar 30 20:03:50 PST 2003

WRONG!WRONG!WRONG!

You get little checkmarks on your heavenly scorecard, for escorting pilgrims safely on their journeys, and that adds up to BIG, BIG savings!  Fight your way onto a cushy job by joining the Hiring Fair.

Progressive (snowball) melees all day.  The morning for armored fighting, and the afternoon for rapier.  Ostensibly a hiring fair for guards to escort pilgrims, the progressive melee allows soldiers, professional guards, martial dilettantes and overconfident youngsters  to show off their skill in single and melee combat.

Everyone who fights bring something to add to the Hire Chest.  The winning group splits the well-earned loot and the leader of said team receives largesse from the Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg in recognition of his (or her) undoubtedly brilliant command of a superb team of fighters.

Bring your friends, bring your enemies, bring total strangers off the street to push in front of you as spear-bait.  The more the merrier.  And I'm sure we could all use as many of those special little check marks as we can get.

The Pilgrimage to St. Adalbert's
Bjornsborg
April 4-6, 2003
http://cternus.home.texas.net

Radegund
(unofficial check mark wrangler)

(Disclaimer: Just in case it needs saying, everything in the above event announcement, referencing God, Heaven, Salvation or Celestial Balance Sheets is in jest.  You don't -really- get to heaven by pretend-killing your friends; you get there by coming to our event - OR by sending lots of money to "Radegund of Tours, 123 Pardoner's Lane, Bjornsborg...)