[Ansteorra-announce] Wax Tablet class at Steppes Warlord

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Wed May 21 20:01:30 PDT 2003

Greetings unto the populace:

This coming weekend, many wondrous sites and activities will be held at XXX Steppes Warlord.  The Wax Tablet class at 2pm has been scheduled for 13-17 year olds, but if an adult would like to sit in and make a set, please feel free to come join us.

The material will be small flats of basswood 3/16"x3"x2".  If you wish to bring a different size, feel free.  We are using basswood for ease of carving and to save time and expense. (Balsa and pine do not lend themselves to this format.)

Examples of historical tablets and sets made from hardwood will also be on hand.

If wax tablets are not to your interest, many other classes, both in the youth collegium and adult classes are offered.  Come share our craft, the cool air and conviviality.

In service,

HL Asa Hrafnasdottir

(if you would like to drop a note by email to express your interest, it will give an idea of the amount supplies expected.  Of if you have questions, please contact me at hrafnasdot at aol.com)