[Ansteorra-announce] Bryn Gwlad Baronial Investiture

Thomas of Tenby gemartt at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 22 14:58:15 PDT 2003

Good People of Ansteorra,

It is my privilege and honor to invite you to the final court of Baron
Pendaran Glamorgan and Baroness Jehanne D'Avignon, and to witness the
Investiture of their successor the weekend of May
31st:   http://www.swordworks.org/investiture/

It will be best to arrive Friday evening, or early Saturday
morning.  Feasts will be sold on a first come, first sold basis, and the
final court plans to begin by 10am.  Good reasons to arrive early!   The
Investiture ceremony will be in the evening after the feast.

Tis a beautiful site with alot of shade along the Colorado River.  There is
also a castle and a galleon on the grounds.  Although it is an
environmentallly sensitive area, we plan to have showers with biodegradable
soap.   If you're planning to feast with us, please bring tables and chairs.

There will be many enjoyable activities to celebrate the day:  rapier and
chivalric combats, an archery competition, a thrown weapons competition, an
arts & sciences competition, equestrian demonstrations, a pavilion
decorating contest, children's classes, and more!  There will be a
delicious feast (I've already had a few samples from the kitchen), and a
special torchlight tournament Saturday night.

Please join us!

				            Thomas of Tenby

.
.