[Ansteorra-announce] Golden Arrow IX, String of Pearls

Derich Brauer brauer at ansteorra.net
Fri Sep 5 02:24:59 PDT 2003

Greetings to all of the fair populace of the Kingdom of Ansteorra! I carry word from the southern most reaches of our grand kingdom of a tournament like no other! A tournament that will stretch across many months, and across 2 shires.

The Shires of Stonebridge Keep and Seawinds are proud to announce the String of Pearls Tournament. A grand tournament which will span 3 different events, and in the end, the winner will hold the honor of the String of Pearls Tournament Champion!

How is this possible you ask? Let me explain the details... At our first stop, held here in the Shire of Stonebridge Keep, we will hold our annual event, Golden Arrow IX, in this event, participants vie for 2 honors. Our shire will announce our champions from the over all winners in the following categories: chivalric and light fighting, equestrian pageantry, arts and sciences, archery, and bardic. The top three contestants in these categories will then receive a number of pearls according to your final outcome (3 for first, 2 for second, and 1 for third). Then, as you find yourself traveling to the Shire of Seawinds for their event, Seawinds Defender, you will vie for the same honors for the Shire of Seawinds, this time adding to the total amount of pearls you have collected at Golden Arrow.

Then, as both shires jointly host Coastal Invasion, you shall compete for the final honor of String of Pearls Tournament Champion. The winners from each field of competition will be chosen from the contestants with the most pearls from each of the three events, in each field of competition. However the overall String of Pearls Champion will be declared by the contestant who has collected the most pearls from all fields of competition combined. Thus the more fields of competition you enter, the better your chances are of holding the title of String of Pearls Tournament Champion.

Our shires would be graced by your attendance at Golden Arrow IX, September 26-28, Seawinds Defender, October 24-26, and Coastal Invasion, February 13-15.

If you have any questions regarding the format of this tournament, please contact myself, Derich Brauer at brauer at ansteorra.net I'll be happy to answer any questions that you might have. Again we look forward to seeing you, and appreciate your time as you read this missive.

In Service to the Dream,
Derich Brauer
MKA Chris Conn

Shire of Stonebridge Keep
Chronicler
Virtual Scribe
Autocrat, Golden Arrow IX Sept. 26-28, 2003
http://geocities.com/stonebridgekeep