[Ansteorra-announce] Battle of the Pines XX

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Thu Sep 4 12:49:17 PDT 2003

Still trying to decide what to do this weekend?

Well why not come join the Shire of Graywood at the 20th annual Battle of the
Pines at Jones Country in Colmesneil, TX.

Like armored combat?  We can oblige you.  There will be an armored combat
tournament to determine our new Warden of the Woods.

Perhaps flashing steel and witty reparte is more to your liking?  There will be
an rapier tournament to decide the new Defender of the Pines.  Don Aaron
Stuart, our current champion, is sure to devise an interesting and exhausting
tournament.

Maybe your cup of tea is singing or story telling.  We will be determining our
new Title Bard of Graywood this weekend, also.  If you don't compete, at least
come by to be entertained.

There will be an Arts and Sciences competition to decide our new Title
Artisan.  We've had some good ones in the past, so bring your best work and see
how it stacks up.

For the equestrians, the Graywood Lancer title is up for grabs.  It'd be a
shame if I, a mere beginner rider, were to take that glory.

We, also, have an archery shoot for the Shire Archery Champion.

Lastly, there will be a youth boffer tournament for the kids.

If all that isn't enough, there's the feast.  HL Gwyneth Blackrose is our
feastocrat and if you've ever had one of her feasts, you know it's not
something to be missed.  And it's always Graywood's motto that "If you leave
one of our feasts hungry, it's your own fault."

So come on over to Battle of the Pines this weekend.  If anything goes wrong,
don't worry, it's the weekend so it's Shea's fault.<G>

Details can be found on page 14 of the September Blackstar and at

http://graywood.ansteorra.org/bopxx.htm

We'll see you there.