[Ansteorra-announce] Fundraising for Argent Anniversary - The Challenge

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Wed Feb 4 20:34:55 PST 2004

Greetings Ansteorra!

Are you ready??

On July 8-11, AS XXXIX, the Kingdom of Ansteorra will host its Argent
Anniversary.  There has been much discussion of this event, and I will leave
it to others to detail what shall transpire at this most festive celebration
of our history and our future.  I would at this time, hearken you back some
five years, to our Twentieth Year Celebration.

This was likewise a joyous occasion in our history, filled with friends and
fun and food.  But lest you forget, Ansteorra, there were also FIREWORKS!  A
dazzling display of pyrotechnics in the sky the likes of which our host city
had not seen in some thirty years before!  We were amazed, we were
spellbound, as flash and boom filled the sky and our hearts with the fire
that is the heartbeat of Ansteorra!  Who can forget the vision that was the
Black Star rendered in pyrotechnic splendor?

Now, five years later, once again, we take the fields we did then ... we
celebrate a milestone in our history just as before ... we honor our legends
and heroes and toast our guests and future.  Will we have this event pass
without a similar display of the fire that burns within the heart of all
that live within the lands of the Sable Star?

NO, I say to you.  We will not.  We will seat ourselves upon that field,
with our bellies full, our mugs full, our hearts full.  And we will once
again fill our eyes with a spectacle that shall surpass that wondrous sight
we saw five years ago!!

BUT, good Ansteorrans all ... we WILL not be able to do so without YOUR
help.

Fundraising efforts to bring fireworks back to our anniversary event have
already started in parts of the Kingdom.  It will take all of us to band
together to make this happen.  Our goal is ambitious - $5,000 raised by
Steppes Warlord.  Can we do it?  I say, resoundingly, YES, we can, YES, we
WILL!!!

Over the next weeks, you will see more missives from the fundraising staff
encouraging your fundraising activities and updating you on our progress.
But for now, I would issue the first of several challenges to the populace
of Ansteorra:

I challenge each branch within Ansteorra to conduct some fundraising
activity between now and the weekend of Steppes Warlord.  This can be a
silent auction at an event, a bake sale at a fighter practice, even a
passing of the hat at a populace meeting.  There are so many different ways
of raising money and having fun doing so.  Show us what your branch can do
to make this fireworks display not only a reality, but one that far exceeds
our display from five years ago.

If you have questions, please feel free to direct them to me at
snorri at houston.rr.com, and include in the subject header the word
"FUNDRAISING".  I'll be happy to provide further contact information

Ansteorra, the challenge is issued!!  Will you shy away from this challenge
just as the eyes of the Knowne World turn upon us in our time of
celebration?  Or will you meet this challenge head-on, and exceed it,
because we are a land of heroes, one and all, and that's what heroes do!

Lord Snorri Hallsson
Fundraising Coordinator
Ansteorran Argent Anniversary