[Ansteorra-announce] Performing Arts Classes at Gulf Wars

Henry Best henry at coxcomb.org
Sun Feb 22 22:10:38 PST 2004

To all performers attending Gulf Wars, Greetings!

At Gulf Wars, I will be offering two classes from the core curriculum of
the Coxcomb Academy of the Performing Arts. These are master classes,
densely packed with practical information. Examples are primarily taken
from juggling, magic, and comedy; but both classes are intended for SCA
performers in ANY discipline and at any level of expertise.

Tuesday 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Building an Act -Dr Henry Best
In this class, we will explore how to take your ideas for a performance
and develop it into an entertaining act. Learn to be your own writer
and director and create your own one man show. Learn to routine an act
from start to finish, and then learn to polish that act to an elegant
shine.

Friday 4:00 - 6:00 PM
Street Performing -Dr Henry Best
A why-to and how-to class on busking, or performing on the street for
tips. If your persona was a performer, he'd have been familiar with this
extremely challenging venue. Enhance your art and enhance the SCA
experience for others by learning how to work the streets; the first,
the oldest, the most universal stage.

I found these additional performing classes in the Gulf Wars schedule
and would like to call them to your attention. They are all taught by an
Ansteorran bard, Lady Muirenn ingen Senain ui Dunlaing (called Simone):

Tuesday 11:00 - 12:00
Performing for an SCA Audience
discussion of the various venues a bard or herald may be called to
perform. also cover selecting pieces for your audience

Tuesday 2:00 - 3:00
Vocal Production for Bards and Heralds
discussion of the anatomy of sound, care and feeding of your voice,
projection and enunciation

Wednesday 2:00 - 3:00
Bardic Preparation
discussion on Documentation, research, material selection and
research CD of Bardic material offered with class

Wednesday 3:00 - 5:00
Performance Workshop
bring piece you are working on, will cover techniques for breathing and
projection as well as other tricks of the trade

Thank you for your attention, and I'll see you at Gulf Wars.

Dr. Henry Best, OP
Chancellor, Coxcomb Academy of the Performing Arts
www.coxcomb.org