[Ansteorra-announce] Glove Contruction Class at Gulf Wars

Chiara chiara at io.com
Tue Feb 24 13:25:17 PST 2004

I have been asked to announce what is needed for the class I will be
teaching on Saturday at Gulf Wars.

Here is what you need, if you will not have this but still want to take the
class please email me privately.

If you are going to make a pair out of fabric:
fabric needles
a piece of fabric that is approx. 24" by 18"
the same amount of muslin or practice fabric
scissors
silk or linen thread

If you are going to make a pair out of leather:
One set of glovers needles
apprx. 4 to 5 sq. ft. of Kid leather
The same amount of felt fabric
very good scissors for the weight of leather you bring
a leather thimble, if you do not have one we can make one out of your
leather
Silk or linen thread

If you are going to be making gloves for falconry or horsemanship please let
me know ahead of time, you will need extra stuff. ;)

I will bring:
The pattern (not to scale)
And a hand out with instructions on how to make your own glove pattern.
A bibliography

I will be on site Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning. If anyone needs
time outside the class time I will be more than happy to help so long as I
am relieved from guard duty by my Baron for it. (He may want to barter for
my time)  :)

Chiara
http://www.glove.org/