[Ansteorra-announce] Mourning the Passing ...

snorri at houston.rr.com snorri at houston.rr.com
Mon Feb 23 13:17:07 PST 2004

... of every shred of data on my PC.  Yes, folks, I've been infiltrated by a spyware replicator which has slowly, slowly eaten everything in sight.  As a result, until I've had a chance to repair the problem (at least a week, possibly more), please do not rely on snorri at houston.rr.com as the most reliable method of contacting me.  I will be checking e-mails as I can, hopefully once a day, but will be very limited in my ability to reply or to print for the time being.

McAfee with the most recent virus definitions was unable to locate any viruses on my system, so I don't believe that anyone is in danger of receiving whatever this is from my e-mail.  I think it came in on an Internet Explorer cookie.  However, just to be safe, please make sure you have virus protection on your computers and run a scan, and use spyware protection as well (this particular thorn in my side was also apparently logging my keystrokes).

If you need to get in touch with me, my phone number's in the Black Star; best time to call is between 9 am and noon on Monday through Thursday or anytime on Friday.

Snorri Hallsson, the Electronically Disabled