[Ansteorra-announce] Argent Aniversary Ball

John F. Hirling jhirling at houston.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 05:42:40 PST 2004

Greetings Ansteorra

It is my privilege to design and call the Anniversary Ball (Friday night's dance, July 9th) for our 25th Anniversary event.  Because it is a celebration of our Kingdom history, I desire to include as many of the dances popular in our kingdom including -- all dancing purists, please be seated and take a deeeep breath -- popular out of period dances, once common (if not the staples) of Ansteorra's past.

To that end, if you have ball sheets, dance cards, announcements or the like from events held in Ansteorra's past and can either email or fax a copy to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Even if you have a recollection of a dance once popular but no longer seen, let me know.

It is my hope that this will make our Anniversary Ball a celebration for all attending -- if not wholly historically accurate.

Your servant

ihon (please don't take my wreath away) vinson macfergus, OL

email jhirling at houston.rr.com
fax 713-682-2452 after 6 p.m.