[Ansteorra-announce] Queen's Champion and Queen's Hope tournaments will be fought indoors

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Wed Jan 21 10:26:45 PST 2004

Queen Conall has decided that, due to the weather, the tournaments will definitely be held indoors.

According to Mistress Rhiannon, the event steward, the site owners have no restrictions regarding shoes on the floor, which is also used for clogging classes.  I don't think boots will do any more damage than cloggers.  The floor is a standard wooden gym floor over a concrete slab. (no give at all).

Earlier, Her Majesty announced that "Therefore,  I encourage you to bring appropriate footgear.  I will not be offended if someone needs to wear tennis shoes for the sake of safety (perhaps they could be black tennis shoes :) )."

This will be a slick floor for fighting, and a hard floor to fall on.  Please be careful.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin