[Ansteorra-announce] Care Packages for Troops

Brian & Pam Martin twinoak at cox-internet.com
Fri Jul 23 23:14:28 PDT 2004

Greetings Ansteorra,

Less than one week ago, we issued a challenge to all groups in Ansteorra to
gather and send care packages to our troops serving in harm's way over seas
as a tribute to our fallen friend and comrade Baron Friedrich von
Konigsberg. We're happy to report that the response thus far has been
wonderful and we'd like to give word fame to those groups and their package
coordinators who are working to support our service men and women.

Below is a list of the groups that have responded thus far with pledges of
support and the lords and ladies who are coordinating the effort for those
groups. And here's the truly great surprise: number 15 on the list is a
group in the East Kingdom! Someone put our challenge on SCAtoday.net and a
lady from the East Realm has responded!

We are heartened by the response and in knowing that so many good folk in
the SCA are taking a little time out to help those heroes who have
volunteered to risk their very lives on our behalf. While this is a great
beginning, there are more groups in this great land that have not responded.
Please, if your group is not on this list, consider organizing a care
package for our troops.

Thank you one and all!
Pendaran & Jehanne

1	 Bryn Gwlad	 Pendaran & Jehanne
2	 Loch/Grail	 HL Rodrigo
3	 Stargate	 Lord Bernard
4	 Bordermarch	 Lady Helene
5	 Ravensfort	 Lady Love of Halesworth
6	 Eldern Hills	 Baroness Adria
7	 Brad Leah	 Lord Hans
8	 Gate's Edge	 Lady Maria
9	 House Iron Boar	 Kenny Arocha
10	 Elfsea	 Lady Maria
11	 Steppes	 Lady Katheryn
12	 Glaslyn	 Baroness Ceinwen
13	 West Gate	 Mistress Hillary
14	 Rosenfeld	 Lady Carletta
15	 Stonemarche (East Kingdom)	 Lady Elinor