[Ansteorra-announce] Fw: [EstrellaWar] FROM THE ATENVELDT KINGDOM SENESCHAL

Ansteorra WebMinister vscribe at ansteorra.org
Sat Jul 31 12:18:48 PDT 2004

Chiara
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamie" <gilianasca at yahoo.com>
To: <EstrellaWar at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 2:10 PM
Subject: [EstrellaWar] FROM THE ATENVELDT KINGDOM SENESCHAL

: ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
: Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
: http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/PJ_qlB/TM
: --------------------------------------------------------------------~->
:
: Reposted with permission from Atenveldt listserves:
:
: Lady Giliana
:
:
: FROM THE ATENVELDT KINGDOM SENESCHAL
: Greetings!
:
: Let me begin by saying that we all are looking forward to hosting a
: wonderful, successful Estrella War XXI at Estrella Mountain Park on
: February 16-21 of 2005 in Goodyear, Arizona. The War Autocrats have
: been working diligently on planning this event for months (yes,
: they're working already!), the site contract has been negotiated and
: completed, and the Knowne World can look forward to a glorious
: conflux of Honor, Chivalry, and Combat in our mild desert clime! No
: one knows how to host a better journey into the Current Middle Ages
: than the Kingdom of Atenveldt!
:
: But as we plan the 2005 War, our thoughts also move to planning
: Estrella Wars in future years. The past has shown us the many factors
: that can influence the SCA's ability to find and use viable sites for
: an event with 5,000 to 7,000 attendees. And it is clear that while
: Estrella Mountain Park is currently meeting our needs, they are (as a
: County Park) unable to provide us with a multi-year agreement. As
: development in the Estrella Park area continues, the Kingdom would
: like to have possible alternative sites as a backup if Estrella
: Mountain Park becomes unavailable. These backup sites would be
: considered for hosting the War in 2006, 2007, or thereafter if
: Estrella Mountain Park cannot be used. While we do not see that
: happening for a while, we need to have a plan in place to deal with
: the possibility should it occur.
:
: To this end, this Kingdom Seneschal has appointed Duke Jonathon von
: Trotha as a Deputy Kingdom Seneschal (Special Projects). His first
: project in this new position is to research and compile a list of
: potential future Estrella War sites. Once he has developed a list, he
: will also coordinate evaluation of those sites to determine their
: suitability for the SCA. This will include involving people from all
: over Atenveldt (former Crowns, War Commanders, Autocrats, Kingdom
: Officers, and members of the populace) to look at the financial,
: geographic, parking, accessibility, fighting, archery, and camping
: facilities of each potential site.
:
: As the Kingdom starts this site search, we would ask that individual
: SCA members NOT contact potential sites themselves. Instead, we
: would ask that you provide His Grace with the contact information so
: he can make all official SCA contacts with Site Owners. If you have
: information about a potential War Site, or you wish to assist His
: Grace with this project, please contact him (see his contact
: info in the Regnum).
:
: With this new position, His Grace will need assistance from all who
: have knowledge of the Lands of Atenveldt, and the running of a
: successful Estrella War. Please assist him in any way that you can.
: Your efforts will help assure that the Estrella War continues as a
: Premier event in the SCA for many years to come.
:
: Duchess Katerina O'Callaghan
: Kingdom Seneschal
:
:
:
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:
: This list is designed as an ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY service, so that the
Estrella War Main Autocrats can share news or information during the months
and weeks before war.  Any replies you send to this list will NOT be posted
and will only be directed to the moderator privately. Please make a note of
this.
:
: Visit the Estrella War Website at www.estrellawar.org
:
: Yahoo! Groups Links
:
: <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
:
: <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: