[Ansteorra-announce] Gothic Wars XIV

Ld Byron chance at camalott.com
Wed Jun 2 20:19:49 PDT 2004

Greetings to all.
    Gothic Wars - The is upon us.  If you are planning to attend this year's Gothic please read the following.

SITE INFORMATION: Group Areas 6 & 7 - The main Gate is the second turn in to the lake from Coleman.
* Water - The water is drinkable but does have a distinctive West Texas flavor. :)
* There are trees on site, mostly  live oak   Portable shade is recommended.
* There is are 2 pavillions onsite, with flush toliets.  There are also other buildings on site with showers and flush toliets.    Port-a-potties will not be on site.  * There Hot water is first come first serve but with weather in the triple digits most people will want the cold water.  There is a lake closeby as well (Hord's Creek Resevoir).  The water conditions of the lake are
unknown to me at this time, but it looks quite inviting.  Those bringing smalls need to be aware that we will be directly on the lake, so keep a close eye on them. The swimming area is by the dam. The area for Gothic is closer to the area than we were in Defender.
* There is access to electricity and water faucets on site. All outlets are located to the ??  Please be courteous of fellow campers and do not try and control access to these facilities.  Any reports of this will gain you a visit from me.

WEATHER:
* Weather.com says the temperatures will be in the 90's.  I don't believe this.  All of this week we have had temperatures over 100 degrees and I expect the same for the weekend.

SAFETY:
* With temperatures reaching the century mark, please don't forget to drink plenty of water and gatoraid.  It is advisable to start preparing now so you don't have to play catch up at the event.

LOCAL CONVENIENCES:
* The closest store is on 153 back in Coleman.
* Small fishing store just down from the park entrance

SHOPPING:
Several merchants are confirmed to include items of: ceramic drums, swords and daggers, books, jewelry, trinkets, etc.
Bring your extra cash - there is shopping to be had!!

SCHEDULE:
An updated schedule will be posted at the list Mistress table throughout the event.

Saturday:
8am Armor Inspection Begins
9am Morning Court and Armor Inspection Ends.
10am - Light Weapons Tournament and Heavy weapons melees.
A&S - Under the main pavillion
Archery to be announced.
Knife/Axe/Spear - Saturday and Sunday.
6pm Evening Court
Evening activities: Amazon Auction, Puppet Show, Middle Eastern dance,
Bardic,  Crane Party, and FUN.

Sunday:
8am Armor Inspection Begins
9am Morning Court and Armor Inspection Ends.
10am - Heavy Weapons Tournament and Light weapons melees.
6pm Evening Court

Thank you for your patience and I hope to see you at Gothic.

HL AmaRyah    mka Elaine Starkey    Auto-crat
843 CR 170
Trent, TX 79561
(325) 235-0643
estarkey at starband.net