[Ansteorra-announce] Exploring Chivalry-Chivalric Comp. & Classes at Westgate Collegium

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 16:57:21 PDT 2004

On this Happy St. Edfrith of Lindisfarne's Day, I send you greetings!

Join the Canton of Westgate at a day of classes for those who fight, those who help them, and
those who watch and wonder at their noble efforts. Expand your role as a chivalric fighter,
support your favorite fighter, or just present a better presence at tourneys ... then this is the
collegium for you!

And on this wintery day (in June) Westgate shall choose our Chivalric Champion from the gentle
found most worthy by our noble judges, aspects of chivalry are explored including courtly
behavior, strategy, grace, technique, graciousness, and knowledge both on the field of honor and
within our fair hall. Our Chivalric Champion will receive a beautiful period list field pavilion,
a handsome cloak and will bear our canton's baldric for the year.

"Exploring Chivalry"   (current class list includes: )
The Well Rounded Fighter,   Care and Keeping of a Fighter,   Heraldry for the Field,
Ambiance and Hospitality in your Pavilion,   Mental Preparation for Combat,
Selecting/Refining an Armor Period and Style,   Marshalling the Troups,
Preparing a Pas, Crown or other Tournaments,   Banners and Decorations,
A&S for the Artistically Challenged,   Side Sword,   Leggings and Footwear
- and so much more!!

Championship Tournament!   Between 11 - 1pm, many who vie for the Westgate Championship will
compete in the areas of Strategy, Courtly Love, Heraldry, Combat Technique, Chivalrous Behaviour
on the Field, Bardcraft and Grace.  Are you up to the challenge??

When:     June 12th, 2004
Where:    Christ the King Evangelical Lutheran Church
Location: 2353 Rice Boulevard, Houston, Tx 77005

For more details, view website at: http://www.clancircle.com/wwc/

* Childrens Activities will occur.
* Chirurgeons First Aid and CPR class is being conducted.
* Regional officer classes are being held (Seneschal, Treasurer, Waterbearer, Chirurgeon).
* This is a one-day event, hotels are in the area, or contact Autocrat about crash space.
* Delightful lunch is included in the site fee.
* Hearty feast at evening, followed by court.

Westgate looks forward to seeing you soon,
Melody McGregor, Autocrat
"Melody" <melodysoice at hotmail.com>

(posted by Hillary Greenslade)