[Ansteorra-announce] Argent Anniversary Pas d' Armes

BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV6) (USA) matthew.s.bowerman1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 29 07:36:30 PDT 2004

Unto the Kingdom of Ansteorra,
I recommend myself to you and send greetings. The Company of the Grail will
be hosting a noble Joust and festival of arms at Ansteorra's Argent
Anniversary on the 10th day of July, being The Feast of King Kanute the
Martyr before ladies and damsels of the known world. This grand tourney will
consist of both a Jousting, and 'On Foot' List. The Jousting list will run
alternately with the 'On Foot' list.  The 'On Foot' list will consist of a
Challenge round, Matched Weapons round, and a round at the Barrier. Each
list will be fought in appropriate armor, with crests, and coats of arms, as
is the ancient custom.  And on that day of days, in a land shining with
goodness, each of us will protect our fellows dignity as our own, we will
create a time bright with truth, where a man's word is his pledge, and
falsehood is banished. We will gather together in a place where kings extend
their hands in friendship rather than reach for the sword, where mercy,
kindness and compassion flow like deep water over the land, and men revere
virtue, revere truth, revere beauty, before comfort, pleasure or selfish
gain. We will create a place where peace reigns in the heart of men, and
their ladies are placed on pedestals of love and beauty. Come lend your hand
and sword of righteousness to this noble quest for the light of honor bound
duty.  Lift up your face to the heavens and be counted amongst those who
strive to be worthy of the knightly virtues. If these, our humble words have
moved you to action, then come and know the pageantry of our noble
ancestors, and join us as we ride into the mists of Avalon. Written under my
hand on this the day of Saint Peter, during the reign of King Miguel de
Oporto, God bless Him.

In Service,

Lord Rodrigo Diaz de Navarre
Captain of the Company of the Grail

For further Information regarding the tournament please contact myself, or
Earl Ulsted the Unsteady (the Company Steward). Questions regarding Jousting
rules and requirements may be directed to Sir Alexis.