[Ansteorra-announce] Stefan's files for March

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 4 22:29:47 PST 2004

Greetings to folks across the Known World!

Here is a copy of the this month's Florilegium article detailing what
is new in the Florilegium this month.

I know that some of you had difficulty accessing the Florilegium a week
ago. This was a problem with the server computer the Florilegium site
was residing on. The server has now had a lot of software upgrades and
it has been moved. Currently I am having some trouble with the FTP site
I use to upload the new files to the site. Hopefully this will be fixed
in the next few days. If you find that a file you want is not there,
please feel free to contact me by email and I will gladly send you out
a copy by email. Please specify if you want the text, HTML or RTF
format.

As usual, I am always looking for additional articles, forwards of good
email threads from lists I'm not on, or for volunteers to help edit
files and maintain the site.

I will be camping with my barony at the next Gulf Wars in another week
or so. Please feel free to drop by and say hi.

Stefan
------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past fourteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
this information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
details.

I will be at the upcoming Gulf Wars event in Meridies this month. If
anyone would like to discuss the Florilegium or anything else, please
feel free to drop by my barony’s encampment (Barony of Bryn Gwlad,
Ansteorra) and ask for me.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
Under CULTURES:
    Saxon-England-lnks   Links to info on Saxon England by
                            Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
Under FOOD-FRUITS:
    presrvd-lemons-msg   Dried, pickled and salted preserved lemons.
Under FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS:
    Romanian-ckbk-art    "A Translation of a 17th Century Romanian
                            Cookbook" by Lord Petru cel paros Voda.
Under FOOD-MEATS:
    pig-heads-msg        Cooking, displaying or otherwise working
                            with pig’s heads. Real and artificial.
Under RELIGION:
    The-Crusades-lnks    Web links to info on the Crusades
                            by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
Under SCRIBAL ARTS:
    woodcuts-lnks        A set of web links to information on period
                            woodcuts by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.

And this month’s updated files include:
    peacocks-msg         Serving peacock sotelties safely.
    plums-msg            Period plums and plum recipes.
    rabbit-dishes-msg    Period rabbit and hare recipes.
    strainers-msg        Period sieves and strainers.
    utensils-msg         Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast iron pots.
---
Copyright 2004, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com