[Ansteorra-announce] AAA Fundraising

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Mon May 31 20:55:33 PDT 2004

Greetings Ansteorra!

Over the last few months, it has been my pleasure and my privilege to serve
Ansteorra and its Argent Anniversary Fundraising Campaign.  We determined
early on that funds raised would go towards a fireworks display to exceed
the one seen at our own Twentieth Year Celebration five years ago.  Our
goals were lofty and two-fold: $5,000 was to be raised by Steppes Warlord,
with an additional $1,000 to be raised six weeks later, by Argent
Anniversary, for a total of $6,000.

Some two weeks ago, I came onto this list and stated that we were halfway to
our Warlord goal, after almost five months of fundraising.  Given the
hardships that many Ansteorrans have been experiencing with finances,
coupled with higher-than-ever costs to travel to events, I was personally
very pleased to have gotten halfway there.  It meant that we'd at least have
a minimal show, something we could look to the skies and marvel at.

In evening court on Saturday, I was pleased to announce that the auction had
brought in $1,100.

On Sunday evening, I announced that two groups, the Shire of Gate's Edge and
the Barony of the Steppes would share the reserved camping space, on the
high flat plain, just behind the Great Hall.  Gate's Edge raised the most
money by virtue of the largest single personal contribution, and the Steppes
came in a close second through months of fundraising efforts.  In the end,
it was decided that both groups should share the reward of a job well done.
It was also announced, as a literally last-minute addition to the
competition, that the pyrotechnics firm will be requesting their perimeter
security during the set-up of the show to come exclusively from Gate's Edge
and the Steppes.  This will allow the populace of those two branches to get
a behind-the-scenes look at how the fireworks display is put together.  More
information will be going out to these two branches shortly.
Congratulations and thank you to Gate's Edge and the Steppes!

I also was overjoyed to announce that together, you have raised $7,066.11 -
more than one thousand dollars over our AAA goal, six weeks early.  This
effort comes in from literally all across the kingdom - over half the
branches in Ansteorra have contributed in some way to our fundraising
efforts, from all five regions, and even from beyond our borders.  Together,
we have made it possible to produce a show that will exceed even our wildest
expectations.

On behalf of the entire AAA staff and everyone who will be marveled by the
glory of the Sable Star alight in the summer skies, to everyone who made
this such a successful effort, thank you.

In joyful service,

HL Snorri Hallsson

Fundraising Coordinator, Argent Anniversary and

Very Proud Ansteorran