[Ansteorra-announce] Changes to Academy of the Bow

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Mon May 31 13:48:53 PDT 2004

Greetings and Hi There,

As you may remember here not too long ago HL Eadric Anstapa, Kingdom Archery
Marshal, formed us that Their Highness will not be able to attend AoB as
They have a prior commitment.  Since They won't be there, we can't have the
Royal Huntsman Tourney either.  So that means there will be a few small
changes to the AoB website
http://middleford.ansteorra.org/Academy%20of%20the%20Bow.htm  .  Those
changes will be up in a day or two.  But basically here they are:
1).  Since no Royal Huntsman Tourney we will be able to have more classes,
more shooting and a Round Table discussion with the Kingdom Archery Marshal
(there should be some important news relating to Combat Archery).
2).  We will still be faving lots of food.  So get those paid reservations
in.
3).  There will still be an Heraldic Consultation table.  In an effort to
help increase the archery communities heraldic appearance, we are working on
a number of Honor Shield blanks that will be given to those who don't have
one yet.  They will be in varing stages of completion.
4).  We will still be having 3 archery ranges set up: Combat (IKCAC), Aadult
IKAC and Children and Beginer range (which will also be used for the New
Youth Archery Division of the IAAC).
5).  We are still holding the Bard of the Archer's competition.  The format
has chaged back to a more standard format.  But, be prepared with your best
because it could change a bit again.
6).  We will still need lots and lots of people to attend and help.
7).  The event is still at Camp Finlayson on Fort Hood.

A class shedule will be posted about a week before the event.  Changes will
also be posted on site at Heralds Point.

Shooting', learnin', and eatin'; don't get much better than that.

Gilli

The more arrows you loose, the more that can hit GOLD.