[Ansteorra-announce] Rapier fighters needed to invade Western region

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Tue Aug 2 18:32:55 PDT 2005

Rapier fighters, attend!

Rumor has it that rapier fighters have been secretly amassing and practicing
melee tactics in the desolate wastelands of the West.  I've even heard
they've enticed some mercenary named "Mercer" to move west and join their
ranks.  Could they be plotting a secret overthrow of the kingdom?  Could
they be planning to hire out to some dire enemy?  Could they be practicing
to guard some great treasure which they've hidden from Their Majesties?

Any of these possibilities is cause for a pre-emptive invasion, so let's
assume the worst and attack before they know it's comin'!

Join me at Gothic Wars on Labor Day Weekend for the best rapier melees
since, well, the last rapier melees!  Sharpen your schlaegers*!  Dust off
your del Tins!  Fill the ranks of the invaders and seize your chance for
glory**!

If you'd like to join the invading army, please email
DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com.  Proposal from unit commanders are quite
welcome, and overwhelming numbers are encouraged.  And please, do not
discuss invasion plans openly.  We don't want to tip our hand...

YIS,

Valentyn

*You shouldn't actually sharpen your schlaeger.  It's just a figure of
speech.

**Extra Glory Points, and possibly a valuable bounty, will be awarded to the
fighter who first slays*** Mercenary Mercer.

***Don Edward Mercer is not eligible for said bounty through self-sacrifice.