[Ansteorra-announce] Gulf Wars Update

David Jurgens djurgens at swbell.net
Sun Dec 4 08:44:42 PST 2005

Greetings Ansteorra,

I would like to give everyone a general update of the status of Gulf Wars.
As everyone knows, the hurricanes this year caused much hardship to our
friends and hosts in Gleann Abhann and Meridies.  Many of the coordinators
for Gulf Wars have had their lives disrupted for quite some time.  However,
everything is on track and Gulf Wars will be as good as it has been for the
past 14 years.

The Gulf Wars site, King's Arrow Ranch, did take quite a bit of damage.
There are MANY trees down in just about every area of the site.  The owner
of KAR has made the site available to any SCA group that would like to go
and work on clean up of their areas.  If any group in Ansteorra would like
to make a trip to the site to do clean up, I just ask that you let my land
deputy, Lady Honor Dubois, know that you are planning a trip.  She can be
reached by email at mysticflacon at onebox.com.  At this time, there is not a
Kingdom wide trip planned.  If a group or individual would like to take up
this task, please drop me an email at ansteorra at gulfwars.org.  BTW, the
Ansteorran Gate survived the hurricane with only very minor damage to the
exterior finish.  Its durability is a credit to everyone who designed and
worked on the gate.

The owner of the King's Arrow Motel would also like to make it known that
the Motel did take extensive damage to its roof.  Many of the rooms may not
be available for this year.  If you stayed at the Motel in the past, or
think that you have reservations, please contact the Motel directly for the
complete status of any rooms.

Pre-registration is going on now and will be open until January 31st for
mail registration and until Feb 14th for online registration via ACCEPS.  At
this time, the online registration is not up but will be soon.  The status
of the online registration can be checked at the main Gulf Wars website,
www.gulfwars.org.  The pre-registration form was printed in the December
Black Star and will also be in the January Black Star.  You can also find a
link to the form at  http://gulfwars.org/GWXVRegistrationAnsteorra2.doc.

Please feel free to email me if you have questions or problems concerning
Ansteorra and Gulf Wars. I can be reached at ansteorra at gulfwars.org.

In Service to Crown and Kingdom,

Sir Godwin of Edington
Ansteorran Liaison, GWXV