[Ansteorra-announce] Stefan's Florilegium files for June

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 5 23:58:11 PDT 2005

Greetings to the Gentles of the Known World,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for June, detailing what is
new in the Florilegium this month.

If you are on multiple kingdom lists, and don't see this message on one
of them, please let me know. This message is supposed to get posted on
all kingdom lists by myself or one of my representatives. But sometimes
email addresses change or folks drop out of the SCA for awhile without
telling me.

I'm not sure if I will make it to Pennsic this year as I'm still
looking for a job in the Austin area after getting laid off in December
as a circuit board designer. My resume can be found at:
http://www.florilegium.org/msharris. If anyone has any referrals or
suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,
   Stefan
----
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past sixteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
this information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
details.

For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in
another way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of
the site. Any donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the
overhead costs of keeping the site running.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
In the CRAFTS section:
    HaS-Repousse-art     "Hammer and Stake Repousse'"
                            by Master Tamlene ap Guidgen, O.L.
In the CULTURES section:
    Gypsies-lnks         Links to information on medieval Gypsies
                            by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon
In the NEWCOMERS section:
    newcomers-lnks       Links for newcomers to the SCA
                            by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
In the PEOPLE_AND_PLACES section:
    Arthur-F-and-F-art   "Arthur - Fact and Fiction" by Baron Hrolf
Herjolfssen.
In the TEXTILE ARTS section:
    mdvl-textiles-bib    "Annotated Bibliography about Medieval
                            Textiles" By THL Cassandra of Glastonbury.
    Txtle-Rsearch-art    "The Art of Research" by THL Cassandra of
                            Glastonbury. Aimed at textile research.

Here are just a some of the updated files, usually those with the
largest amounts of new material:
    casting-msg          Casting pewter and other metals.
    disabilities-msg     Disabilities in the SCA and period, hiding
                            wheelchairs, SCA sign language.
    England-msg          Medieval points of interest in England.
    eyeglasses-msg       Period eyewear. Making replicas.
    fish-msg             Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.
    goat-msg             Period goat dishes. Cooking goat. Recipes.
    meat-pies-msg        Period meat pies. Recipes.
    pirates-msg          Pirates throughout the Middle Ages.
    sausages-msg         Period sausages. Making sausage.
    Scotland-msg         Scottish culture. Who lived where. Medieval
                            points of interest. The Orkney Islands.
    Spain-msg            Medieval Spain. Info. sources.
---
Copyright 2005, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com