[Ansteorra-announce] Passa de Arms

Kate HIte katharinerh at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:48:11 PDT 2005

Greetings to the wonderful populace of Ansteorra!
The Shire of Adlersruhe will host our annual defender tournament this coming
weekend, June 24th, 25th and 26th.  We had an unexpected natural event
happen at our usual site so this year they have moved us to the other side
of the lake.  Its not our customary site, so a few adjusments have to be
made, but the view of the lake is beautiful and we are closer to the showers
and have running water available now.  We will still hold all the
tournaments and it should be a wonderful weekend indeed.
The feast preparations are underway as I write this, and everything tastes
wonderful.  There are still a few reservations left available so if you want
to book them contact me soon.
As a special treat, the local dance troop, Sahara Nar, will be performing
during feast.  They have danced for us for several years now, but the dances
are always new and mesmerising and the  costumes are always exotic and
beautiful.  I can't wait to see what this year will hold.
  I also have reserved space for 9 merchants now and a little of everything
will be available to purchase it seems.  So come prepared to shop.
  Directions:  From Amarillo- take I-40 east to FM 2477, turn left and drive
about 3 miles.  There will be a sign for SCA and the permit office and there
you turn left again.    From Oklahoma- make your best route to I-40 and head
west.  Go to FM 2477 and turn right.  Go three miles to the SCA and permit
office signs and turn left.
Our camping area is the left fork of the road and the road dead ends at
site.

I hope to see you there.
In Service,
Kate de Hyet

P.S.-  My request for mild weather was partly denied.  There is no sign of
storms as of today, but it will be very hot, mid to upper 90's.  So come
prepared for that type of weather.  I was told swimming in the lake is
allowed at your own risk.   Where we are camped at the water isn't very
deep, but it will still be refreshing if you need to cool off.