[Ansteorra-announce] Defenders of the Rose!

Lisa A. May maaggie3 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 24 05:51:27 PDT 2005

Unto the good peoples of Ansteorra, warm greetings from the Companions of
the Order of the Rose in the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Defenders of the Rose is only two weeks away!

Held at a new site in Emerald Keep, tournaments will be held to choose
Defenders for Archery, Chivalric combat, Equestrian, Performance Arts,
Rapier combat, and Static Arts.

The assembled Companions of the Rose will also be granting largesse to those
who display great prowess, deeds of chivalry and courtesy, deaths of great
drama, artistry of unique talent, stirring renditions of bard craft, or
whatever pleases the Companions throughout the weekend.  The theme for the
event is (naturally) Roses, and the Order will look kindly upon those who
honor it with displays of its symbol.

Hosted by the Shire of Shadowlands and Shire of Emerald Keep, the Defenders
of the Rose will be held on the weekend of November 4-6 at a new site in
Riesel, Texas, just east of Waco.  There is plenty of camping space against
a belt of trees, a large feast hall with full kitchen (and modern
plumbing!), a covered pavilion and plenty of room for our Defender
Tournaments!  There are also a number of inns and taverns close by in
Bellmeade and Waco.  Countess Tessa and Countess Vanessa will be preparing a
fabulous feast for the first 125 reserved.  Feast reservations must be made
via ACCEPS before October 28th.

See our web site for more information:
http://roses.ansteorra.org/events.htm

Directions to Site:

>From Dallas:  Take I-35 South to Exit 339.  Take South Hwy-6 / South Loop
340. Stay on South Hwy-6 at the split, and follow it to Riesel.

>From Austin, take I-35 North to Exit 330.  Take South Hwy-6 / South Loop 340
(Robinson / Marlin), stay on South Hwy-6 as it turns left toward Marlin /
Bryan. Follow South Hwy-6 to Riesel.

>From Houston, take 290 West towards Austin.  Exit onto Hwy-6 North toward
Bryan and then toward Marlin / Waco.  Follow North Hwy-6 to Riesel.

In the middle of Riesel, at the flashing yellow light, take South FM-1860,
East toward Mart.  Ignore any previous signs for FM-1860-look for the
flashing yellow light!  The Lion's Club Fairgrounds is approximately 1 mile
up on the right.

In Service to Ansteorra,

The Companions of the Order of the Rose in Ansteorra