[Ansteorra-announce] Stefan's Florilegium files for April

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 5 22:24:47 PDT 2006

Greetings to the Gentles of the Known World,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for April, detailing what is
new in the Florilegium this month.

I have recently put a copy of my regular Florilegium flyer on the
website. There is a pointer to it in PDF format on the top page of
the site under RECENT NEWS. This is formatted so that it can be
printed on both sides of a single-page handout. Please feel free to
download this, print it out and give it to SCA newcomers or to others
who might be interested.

I wish to offer a big Vivat! to Isabelica Gonzales de Guadalupe in
Ansteorra, who has recently joined me in updating the files in the
Florilegium. Several of the file updates this month are her work.

I am always looking for additional help with the Florilegium.
Everything from some web work such as creating icons, to helping seek
out additional articles, to helping edit the files. If you would like
to join the Florilegium team, please contact me.

Thanks,
    Stefan
----
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past sixteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
this information available to others, I have placed this information
in a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an
article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send
it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for
more details.

I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
details.

For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in
another way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of
the site. Any donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the
overhead costs of keeping the site running.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
In the CLOTHING section:
    wearg-p-fshns-msg    Wearing period clothing. Moving in it.
In the CULTURES section:
    Jerusalem-lnks       Links to info on medieval Jerusalem
                            by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
In the ENTERTAINMENT section:
    Dwyle-Flonkng-art    “Dwyle Flonking” by THL Dagonell Collingwood
                            A traditional English tavern game.
    Horseshoes-art       “Quoits, Dobblers and Horseshoes” by THL
                            Dagonell Collingwood of Emerald Lake.
In the FEASTS section:
    German-Feast-art     German feast cooked for the Erud Sul
                            Investiture by HL Caitlin Ruadh (called
                            Ru) and Lady Evja Johannsdottir.
In the FOOD-SWEETS section:
    entertaing-fds-art   "Subtleties, Entremets and Illusion Foods"
                            by Baroness Faerisa Gwynarden.
    medvl-sweets-lnks    Links to info on medieval candy, cookies,
                            and cakes by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
In the SCRIBAL-ARTS section:
    Armenian-Ilum-art    “Armenian Illumination” by THL Anne Georg.

Here are some of the updated files.
    AS-food-msg          Displaying food items at A&S events.
    cordials-msg         Period cordials and liqueurs. SCA creations.
    early-books-msg      Early books. Construction, size.
    gold-leaf-msg        Working with gold leaf, tools.
    holidays-msg         Halloween, Samhain, other Medieval  holidays.
    pickled-foods-msg    Medieval pickled food. recipes.
    SCA-romance-msg      SCA romances and meeting SOs in the SCA.
    sugar-paste-msg      Making sugar paste sotelties.
    tournaments-msg      Medieval tournaments.
---
Copyright 2006, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted
if the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com