[Ansteorra-announce] "Tools of Our Trade" - for Gulf Wars 2006 - artisan supply restock

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 17:09:11 PST 2006

Greetings Ansteorra,
This project (see below) is a worthy cause to provide art supplies,
tools and art books to those who lost everything during last years
storms.  Many have had their physical needs met, now is a good time
to feed artist's spiritual needs.

Gulf Wars is soon upon us; while packing maybe take some time to
go through those items you are able to donate, put them in a box and
bring them to the Artisan Grove area (A&S class tents, I suspect),
and donate them to worthy receipients.

Those affected by the storms last year, please check out the donation
areas; so that your art may again bring us all joy.

If questions, please contact Mistress Grazia Geralda at
Carafellyg at michigan.gov or Baroness Gwynnyd at gwynnyd at di.org.

Yours in service, Mstr. Hillary Greenslade
"Tools of Our Trade" drive to restock lost recreation supplies.

Last year's hurricanes devastated large areas of the American south.
Among those who lost many things are members of the SCA. The tools
and materials of our hobbies come far down on the list of necessities
to replace and far up on the list of things that make life more
pleasant and rewarding.

The region of Pentamere in the Middle Kingdom is spearheading an
effort we are calling "Tools of Our Trade" to help the people of
Gleann Abahnn and Meridies replace the things needed to recreate the
Middle Ages that were lost in last autumn's hurricanes.  We already
have a trailer load of supplies, including 8 sewing machines, 500
laminar plates, 5 lace making pillows and sets of bobbins, inkle
looms, drop spindles, sewing supplies and kits, anvils, pounds and
pounds of fleece and rovings, leather, fabric, feast gear, artist's
brushes and numerous other things.

The autocrats of Gulf Wars have allocated a place in the Artisans'
Grove to be used for the free distribution of the materials to
anyone.  If other groups or individuals would like to join our effort
and contribute any extras, duplicates, or 'things you tried but
probably won't use again' they have acquired in pursuit of our hobby,
they would be more than welcome to bring or send them to Gulf Wars
and distribute them alongside our efforts.

We are still short on :
Pens, Paints, Paper, and other scribal materials
Wood working and carving tools
Leather and Leather working tools
Metal working tools
Card weaving card sets
Archery and fletching tools
Rattan - duct tape
but anything and everything is welcome

For further details or any questions please contact Mistress
GraziaGeralda at Carafellyg at michigan.gov or Baroness Gwynnyd
at gwynnyd at di.org.

Posted with the gracious permission of the list owners.  Thank you!
Please feel free to repost this on any other lists you may belong to.

Baroness Gwynnyd
aka Carol Lynn