[Ansteorra-announce] Kingdom Arts and Sciences 2007 Competition

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Fri Jul 14 16:24:15 PDT 2006

Greetings to Ansteorra, from Mistress Radegund of Tours, Kingdom A&S Competition Deputy.

Kingdom Arts and Sciences Competition 2007 is scheduled for February 10, 2007, and we're looking for event bids.  The Kingdom Arts and Sciences Competition is this kingdom's premier arts competition.  Our Kingdom Artisan and Gulf War competitors are chosen at this event.  It is a chance to see the finest arts and artisans our kingdom has to offer.

This is a kingdom event, which means it can be held in addition to the events normally held by a group.  This can be a plus for small groups that are restricted to one calendar event per year.  The deadline for event bids is September 1, 2006.

Site Requirements for holding Kingdom A&S:

An indoor hall large enough to hold 25 six-foot tables, with additional room for those who are not competing.
A registration table area that does not need to be moved or shut down for the entirety of the event.
Site must be wet or allow for alcohol tasting.
Area for performance, a separate room or corner that is acoustically blocked from the rest of the noise.
Small area for the judges to meet and scores to be tallied.
Decorated hall.
Lunch for the judges.  If there is not a sideboard for all attendees, there should be some information about nearby locations for lunch.
The hosting group should budget into the event cost the price of doing a Black Star announcement in two successive Black Star issues leading up to the event (January and February).
If possible, they should also make a web page advertising the event, with a link to the site of the rules for the competition.

Please send bids to the Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences, Mistress Gwyneth Blackrose at gwynethb63 at yahoo.com and myself at cternus at texas.net .  Remember the deadline for bids is September 1, 2007.  We intend on having a decision on September 1, so please don't wait until the last minute to send a bid in.  We look forward to making a difficult choice from among the many fine arts and sciences venues in the Kingdom.

In Service to the Arts,  I am