[Ansteorra-announce] Laurel's Prize

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 19:18:10 PDT 2006

Artisans of Ansteorra!
  The long wait is over and in a few weeks you will be able to assemble with your works to consult with experts in skill, documentation and presentation.  Laurel's Prize Tournament will be held in the Shire of Seawinds on September 9th.  This is a wonderful opportunity to bring out examples of pieces you have produced through the year, different projects you have experimented with, or work in progress with the purpose of sharing and learning from experts in these fields.  This is a wonderful opportunity to grow in your researching skills and bounce around creative ideas.
  Although this will not be a competition format, there will be several Laurel's on site who will be giving away prizes for those who impress them most.  Mistress Rondinella will have several yards of linen to give away to one who impresses her with displays of late period garb and I will have several hand-thrown pieces of pottery to give to those who are well versed at making or using pots<G>  Many others are putting together similar ways to acknowledge individual achievements and I will be making more announcements as we grow closer to the event.
  I highly recommend that you bring examples of documentation to allow the Laurels a format for which to make recommendations to further your research. Also, in order to make sure there is someone to give you knowledgeable feedback, please make sure you write myself or the event steward to register your art forms.  Do not assume that there will be a Laurel at the event who has great knowledge of your skill if you haven't told anyone what you are bringing.
  If you have any questions, you may contact the event coordinator or myself.
  gwyneth