[Ansteorra-announce] "Tools of Our Trade" - for Gulf Wars 2006 - artisan supply restock

Theresa Liddle cre8tivtess at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 06:12:17 PST 2006

Greetings,

I would like to add a comment to this post. I am a working artist and teacher living in Beaumont, TX (Barony Bordermarch). We survive RITA but had damage. We filed all the correct papers for FEMA and when they came they ask if I had lost any tools, I told them, "yes, part of my collection of art books". I was immediately told that books are not tools, I tried to explain that because I teach I use my books as tools. FEMA would not replace my books.

  When you have to replace books their price usually has increased from the time you purchased them so it is often impossible to replace what was a $30.00 to $50.00 book with a $100.00 to $125.00 book. If anyone has art books that they are not using please donate them to this cause, but if you don't want to give them away, start a group library. There are a lot of us out there that could use the benefit of others books when they are available. I lost a lot of my reference books but I still have a good bit of my book collection and I have always been willing to share the books I have. But in turn if your group has a library of books be respectful and return them when you are finished so others will have the benefit of them. Thank you for allowing me to speak.

  Bright Blessing from a book freak,
  Therese d'Ivoire mka Theresa Liddle-Bernsen
  MoAS Barony Bordermarch

  PS They make GREAT prizes for newcomers and even us old dinosaurs who enter competitions.

Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Greetings Ansteorra,
This project is a worthy cause to provide art supplies, tools and art books to those who lost everything during last years storms. Many have had their physical needs met, now is a good time to feed artist's spiritual needs.

Gulf Wars is soon upon us; while packing maybe take some time to go through those items you are able to donate, put them in a box and bring them to the Artisan Grove area (A&S class tents, I suspect), and donate them to worthy receipients.

Those affected by the storms last year, please check out the donation areas; so that your art may again bring us all joy.

If questions, please contact Mistress Grazia Geralda at
Carafellyg at michigan.gov or Baroness Gwynnyd at gwynnyd at di.org.

Yours in service, Mstr. Hillary Greenslade

        Theresa

  Theresa Liddle-Bernsen
  dba: Old Earth Creations
  8255 Highway 105
  Beaumont, TX 77713
  409-896-5206 - home NEW #
  409-291-1502 - cell
  409-896-5206 - fax "call for connection"
  cre8tivtess at yahoo.com
  http://www.TipTopWebsite.com/cre8tivtess