[Ansteorra-announce] Kings Champion/Jagermeister is coming!

Centurion Evets von Drachenklaue evets at grandecom.net
Thu Feb 8 10:20:04 PST 2007

Greetings all,

The Shire of Ffynnon Gath cordially invites one and all to attend
Jägermeister, Kings Champion, and Royal Huntsman, on February 16th - 18th,
2007. His Majesty has put out a challenge to all non-belted fighters to vie
for the honor of becoming the next King's Champion. The victor will be
chosen by his Majesty while watching the Swiss 5 tournament. All rounds will
be fought in matched styles. The Swiss 5 shall consist of a round of 7½'
Glaive, Great Axe, Sword and Shield, 6' Glaive, and Great Sword(5'+).

We have many activities planned to keep you entertained throughout the day.
In addition to His Majesty choosing his Royal Huntsman and Kings Champion,
the Shire of Ffynnon Gath will hold tournaments to choose our Champions for
heavy weapons, rapier, brewing, A&S, and youth boffer.

Although not advertised in the Black Star Ad, we have also decided to
provide Children's Activities, Youth and Rapier Championship Tournaments,
and a Bardic competition to be held during feast.

Be sure to bring fat purses to bid on our Silent Auction items and to enjoy
the many beverages provided at our Tavern.

Lady Eleanora Elizabeth Caley will be teaching a Waterbearing 101 class at
4pm as well as a Chirurgeon 101 class at 5pm on Saturday. There is no class
limit and it is free. If you would like to pre-register for these classes
please visit: http://www.chirurgeon.net/perl_unsecure/Training_select.pm

We also have a delicious Roman Feast planned, first come, first served,
limited to 125. Gustatio: Boiled eggs, Quiche, Cheeses, Fresh vegetables:
celery, carrots, mushrooms, Green & black olives, and Waldorf salad. Prima
Mensae: Glazed Ham, Broccoli and Cauliflower in Celery Mint Sauce, Steamed
Squash Sautéed w/ Cumin, and Green Beans w/ Coriander Sauce.  Secundae
Mensae: Stuffed Dates fried in Honey, Dates Alexandrine, Sweet Cakes, and
fresh fruits:  grapes, pears, apples, and nuts.

Registration is available on Acceps: http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php

Please visit our website for directions, maps, and more information at:
http://ffynnon-gath.ansteorra.org/Jagermeister2007.htm

We hope to see you there!

-Centurion Evets von Drachenklaue (autocrat)