[Ansteorra-announce] Artisans wanted at Gulf Wars

Myfanwy ferch Eifion myfanwy at pug.net
Mon Jan 15 11:29:00 PST 2007

Artisan's Row at Gulf Wars is a place to work, teach, chat, cross- train,
learn hands-on, and share! If you are interested in doing any of these
things at Gulf Wars Artisan's Row this year - Please contact the Artisan's
Row Coordinator via solveig at utk.edu as soon as possible.

Descriptions of classes, demos, and other events must be in by January 26th
in order to be published in the Gulf Wars site booklet. If you are planning
to attend Gulf Wars this year and are interested in showcasing your art,
please contact me directly asap! More information about Artisan's Row is
listed below.

Mistress Solveig Eiriksdottir
Coordinator, Artisan's Row, Gulf Wars 2007

We are looking for folks who:
- Want to showcase their arts - have a place to work on a "major" project
where folks will drop by and see/discuss what you are doing - and maybe even
give it a try!
and/or
- Want to teach others - at any level - critical aspects of their art(s) in
small intimate groupings (of 4-10), in non-traditional class situations (4
hour blocks, 2 hours per day over several days, etc.)
and/or
- Whose art has a lot of equipment/stuff that is a pain to haul around -
Artisans Row fosters "Art areas"/workshops where equipment can be set up
and/or stored for several days or all week.
and/or
- Want to explore cross-discipline or "start to finish" art projects - such
as creating a knit hat from raw wool using a drop spindle made on site.
and/or
- Want an opportunity to explore "leadership in the arts." We have area
leaders in Textiles - dry, Textiles - wet, and Pottery. We'd love to have
any of these areas this year: Woodshop (carving, burning, joining, etc.),
metal casting, jewelry making, glass bead work, puppetry, Culinary arts,
fine arts, costuming, etc. Interested in putting together an area? Let us
know!