[Ansteorra-announce] Who would you have champion your cause? (Champion of Champions Tourney)

Jed Tressler jed.tressler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:17:14 PDT 2009

Can you hear it my brothers and sisters?  That thumping you feel in your
chest as much as hear?  Is it the beating of our hearts? No, it is the
distant call of the war drums, beating out their siren's rhythm!  Never is
there silence for the fighters of Ansteorra, always is conflict just around
the corner.  Rare are the moments of rest for the fighters of Ansteorra,
always will they answer the call of the drums.  There is but one way to
grant rest to an army of heroes who will let no challenge go unanswered.
 SEND FORTH the CHAMPIONS!

On these mighty warriors’ shoulders we will willingly lay weights we would
normally ask armies to bear.  When the cost of conflict is so great that we
dare not send the army, we will send but one fighter.  Never is the cost
more high, never are the champions more needed, than when the conflict falls
between the Sable-Stared Lands themselves.

A challenge has been laid before the territories of this brave kingdom to be
settled on the lysts at 30th year, to prove who amongst them can summon the
greatest warrior.  What land contains within it the wisdom to choose legends
from among heroes?  What land has the cunning, guile, and wealth to secure
as their champion the greatest fighter to take the field?

So unto every Canton, Shire, Province, and Barony, the Shadowlands does send
these words: declare your champion and prepare them for the lyst.  No
populace is too small or great to ignore the call.  Truly, it would be a
poor territory indeed that could not find a single fighter to declare for
them.  On Friday, at 2 of the clock, send forth your champion, arrayed in
the colors of your land, with herald and entourage as befits the one who
fights for your honor.  Those groups which excel in providing for their
champion and entertaining the assembled will be recognized.

Nobles or Seneschals are asked to please send word if their group intends to
enter a champion. If need be, the champion may be named later, but the
Shadowlands would prepare for each group who enters.

Yours in Service,

Bastian Eisengart, L.