[Ansteorra-announce] War thanks

Theresa Kwasny raptorboss at cox.net
Wed Mar 24 05:55:33 PDT 2010

Another Gulf Wars has come and gone, and we were triumphant.  It was not an
easily won victory, as anyone who stooped out of breath and sweating after
the battles can attest.

On the rapier fields Ansteorran command staff did an outstanding job.  I
highly commend HE Rixende de Rouen, Ld Brian O'hUlliam, Ld Cealleagh mac
Donal, Ld(soon to be HE)Orlando Giovanni di Gilead, and HE Facon du Prey for
the excellent job they did on the field and off, before and during war.

Our Champions snatched victory from the proverbial jaws of defeat.  The
tournament was tied until the very last fight and everyone sat on the edges
of their seats.  These fighters deserve every word of fame they receive:
Baron Alejandro from Calontir
Captain Craith from  MidRealm
Don Gage from Northshield
Ld. Tahir from Outlands
Baron Hoskuld from Eldomere
and our own
Ld Cealleagh mac Donal
Ld(soon to be HE)Orlando Giovanni di Gilead
Ld. Stephan Crowley
Duke Ulstead
Cassiano di Pisa
Don Connor
Don Cael
Don Avery
Dona Lissette
and Don Corvin

I think that no one knows more fighters across the known world than HE Don
Robert MacFarland, his knowledge of the fighting prowess of our foes came in
very handy in picking combatants for the Champions Tournament. HE Don Avery
Shaw also gave good counsel and lent his strong voice to call our combatants
to the field.

I heartily thank the fighters who volunteered to set aside their weapons and
marshal the field, so that we could dispatch our enemies safely.  Your
sacrifice  is appreciated.  You made our victories possible.

It was an honor to fight along side you all.

Dona Therese Maria Giovanni
Ansteorran Rapier General (retired)