[Ansteorra-announce] A plethora and plundering for the Youth of Ansteorra!

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 13:43:19 PDT 2010

Greetings Good Gentles!

We are proud to announce that once again The Shire of Loch Ruadh will host quite
a few youth activities at our upcoming event, The Shannon River raids! Bring the
family and enjoy a truly fun, relaxed event with those who are nearest and
dearest to you. To the future of Ansteorra we offer:

Pillage the Village Scavenger Hunt
Can you find everything on your list? You have until noon to  scour the village
(event site) and plunder what you can. Just be sure to  bring it to the
Chieftain (MoC) at Youth Point by Noon.
Make a Longboat
We will make a miniature Viking Longboat (that you an take home) out of foam
sheets and other supplies.
Loot the Viking/Loot the Celt
This is a relay race. There will be two teams - one full of  Celts and one full
of Vikings. The Vikings will run the length of field  and each will take a piece
of the Celt's armor. The Celts will do the  same with the Viking's armor. Who
will win?
Outdoor Games
Weather permitting, we will have a Donnybrook (water games). We will also have
Kubb and Bocce Ball set up.
Punkin' Chunkin'
We will have a contest to see who can throw the pumpkin the farthest.
Plunder and Loot
Also known modernly as Trick or Treating. Meet at Youth Point to get your
pouches. We will then go to various people around the list field and loot  what
goods they have. If you have a youth who will be participating please bring a
bag of candy or trinkets to hand out to the other children. Various Loch Ruadh
members will have "loot" as well.

A&S Competition
Children are always encouraged to submit entries into the Shire's A&S
competition.

Youth Chivalric

Youth authorizations will be held on site, a youth boffer/youth chivalric
tournament will be held, and prizes will be given.

Please see the Shannon River Raid website for even moreinformation about this
great event.

www.ninja-code.net/shannonriverraid

Bring your children, bring yourselves and enjoy the family atmosphere of a Loch
Ruadh event!

In Service,

Lady Katheryn Margarete de Ryes
Shannon River Raid, Autocrat
Kingdom of Ansteorra

NOTE: Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also
attend with an adult who is 21 years or older and who has a signed and
notarizedMinor  Event Waiver Form from the child's parent or legal guardian. No
exceptions will be made at the gate. The Minor Event Waiver Form can be found at
http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/MinorsPermission-042007.pdf .