[Ansteorra-announce] Bryn Gwlad Baronial....Your LAST Chance!

Sean Hertzberg colsith at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:45:37 PDT 2010

Greetings unto Ansteorra from His Excellency of Bryn Gwlad!

As many may have heard, Her Excellency Gwenneth and I will be stepping down
as Baroness and Baron of Bryn Gwlad in February.  We have been most honored
to have served in this way, this barony and this kingdom are truly amazing.

But before we step down, we will be hosting our annual Fall Baronial
Championship in two weeks.  As this will be the last time I will be able to
name my champion as Baron, this causes me to issue a reminder of what has
happened since I became Baron of Bryn Gwlad.

2 years ago, we hosted our first baronial championship.  The armored list
was won by Sir Hrafn.  A short time later, he became King Hrafn.

Last year, our second championship.  The armored list was won by Sir Jean
Paul.  Now known as His Majesty Jean Paul.

As Baron of Bryn Gwlad, I have named two champions.  They have both gone on
to win the next Crown.

There is an old saying in the SCA.  If something happens once, it is
happenstance.  Twice, it is coincidence.  Three times...it is tradition!

So...I will issue this challenge to all those who would be Crown of our fair
Kingdom.  You wish to be King?  Come to Bryn Gwlad, prove your worth first!

In service to Kingdom and Crown,
Avery Shaw (tongue mostly in cheek)
Baron of Bryn Gwlad

--