[Ansteorra-announce] The Legacy of Lions 35th Anniversary

Kim Peters shea130 at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 12:43:53 PDT 2011

Greetings unto the Good Gentles of Ansteorra:

The Barony of Bjornsborg is inviting you to attend The Legacy of Lions 35th Anniversary Celebration!

Come and test your chivalric skill against some of the best fighters in the kingdom.  Your knightly daring will be tested in all areas -- combat, courtesy, and showmanship!  We will have a variety of interesting and challenging scenarios, including the Viking Bridge Battle!  Your mettle will be tested in the Crest Melee.  (A limited number of Crests will be available for purchase on site.) You will have the opportunity to be selected as a Member of the Pride or the Defender of Lyonesse when you send in your letter of intent to Their Excellencies, Baron Philippe and Baroness Suzanne.  Please remember that you must be sponsored by an artisan whose  small token of the respect and admiration will be offered.

The gentle pursuits of arts and sciences will be celebrated and honored.  Our Arts and Sciences competition will celebrate our theme of Lions.  Documentation is encouraged but not required for this event.  Largesse will be awarded to the artisan who best exemplifies Lions.

The traditional pumpkin carving will be offered with largesse given to the carver that most pleases Her Excellency, Baroness Suzanne.

To celebrate the grand history of Bjornsborg, we will offer a static display of memorablia our magnificient history.

We invite you to join us at the Il Rubinetto Dorato Tavern (donations are recommended and encouraged) in the evenings to celebrate old friendships and memories and to share stories with new friends.

A superlative feast will be offered by the fabled and legendary, Mistress Seraphina.

On Sunday, the Longship Company will offer their infamous Viking Breakfast for a small donation.

Join us as we celebrate our past, revel in our present, and look forward to our future in the Barony of Bjornsborg.

Event Website:  http://www.bjornsborg.org/
Dates and Times:  October 14 - October 16 (site opens at 5:00 PM on Friday and closes at 12:00 PM on Sunday)
Merchants are welcome - please contact the event steward for more information
Location:  Seguin Outdoor Learning Center

Yours in service,
Lady Elspeth MacAuslane
Event Steward
Barony of Bjornsborg