[Ansteorra-announce] Lawsuit Settlement

The Crown of Ansteorra crown at ansteorra.org
Sun Feb 10 07:39:41 PST 2013

Yesterday, during Kingdom A&S, We, along with Our Heirs, the Kingdom
Seneschal, and the Society Seneschal attended a teleconference with the
Board of Directors.  The Board of Directors provided us with the following
information that we will now share with you.  Due to the nondisclosure
agreement (NDA) signed with our insurance company, the information we are
sharing is the *only* official information we can provide.  Sharing any
other information, or presenting any other information besides this
information as official could put the SCA and the kingdom at Great
Financial Risk.

The SCA has settled it's lawsuit against our insurance company, and the
Corporation will be able to return 2/3rd's of the money collected from the
kingdoms back to the kingdoms.  The checks are supposed to be going into
the mail Monday.

Ansteorra's Financial Committee has decided upon the following course of
action.  The kingdom will reimburse 100% of the contributed funds back to
the local groups.  The kingdom exchequer will be contacting local
exchequers with details in the near future.

As We are sure everyone is aware, this is great news for our kingdom and
the SCA.  We know that most of us had little hope that any of the results
of our labors would be returned to us.  This unexpected windfall is coming
at a very auspicious time, and we ask that our local groups think of the
ways that this money could be used as the fuel for growth of our kingdom.

Again, please do not let the excitement about this news create any risk for
the SCA.  This is the only information We, and you, can share.

Jean Paul and Gilyan
Rex et Regina

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.