Period Heraldric Styles...

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Thu Aug 17 14:10:45 PDT 1995

>     I have a cross-stitch embrodiery book that has human figures
>standing upright with one hand on top of a shield which is standing on
>its point next to them...
>when the local herald saw what I was working on, she said something
>about "supporters" and "the heralds won't like it"....

My thought, not being a herald, is that as with the Knightly White Belt,
and lots of Metal stuff on your head, as these are *Society Reserved*
dumaflagies, Supporters, etc. should probably be avoided on things you
are making for SCA purposes.

OTOH, if you were making them for yourself, to hang in your home, for your
own appreciation, put the stupid things in there.

Diarmuit