Period Heraldric Styles...

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 17 15:33:33 PDT 1995

> Neither.  It refers to the rules which govern heraldry.  Savian makes a
> very valid point, essentially, "fly what you want, but don't call it
> heraldry [unless it conforms to the heraldic rules]."  The rules of
> heraldry do not apply only to devices prior to 1600, they apply even today.

Sorry to nit pic a little, but Savian said there are modern heraldric
terms. I *assume* (bad me) that these wouldn't fly if you submitted
them. From this it is period, not proper, heraldry.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"