A couple more questions on war

Paul DeLisle pdelisle at innet.com
Wed Jul 19 11:41:00 PDT 1995

>War has lately been much on my mind. I would like to ask a few
>questions of people on this forum.
>
>1) (To fighters) Is war preparation (drilling, practicing, marching)
>something that you enjoy doing? Or a necessary evil so that you can do
>well on the battle field? Or a total waste of time?

Absolutely Necessary. Remember what we're trying to do here.... Sometimes
fun; sometimes not. Depends on what I'd rather be doing. (But the entire
squad running down Dupre was fun.... GHOD, I'm getting old!)

>2) (To fighters) When you think about wars, do you imagine yourself
>doing well, or your local group doing well, or your kingdom, or some
>combination?

All of the above. (At least beforehand.) During the fighting, usually the
squad I'm with (That's the only focus you have time for; unless something
really big happens on the field)

>5) (To all) Describe some of your favorite moments at a war.

Hmm....lessee...
        Being given the opportunity to fight a Knight one on one (and being
able to tell him                 that the blow I hit him with WASN'T good)
        Seeing our squad perform their manuevers right, and it WORKS!
        Marching to the field, and facing down the "enemy" across the empty
plain....
        War stories (Embarrassing, but true. Honest, folks; If you've never
been in the middle                 of it, You'll never know...)

>6) (To all) Describe some of your least favorite moments at a war. (Be
>gentle.)

That's easy. And it's gentle, because it's generic.

        *SLAM!*  *SLAM!* (sound of armor being thrown at the ground at high
speed)                      (mumblemumble sorry low-life f***in' a****le
didn't call my blow mumblemumble)

                  In Service, I remain
                  Alden Pharamond