Lions

James Crouchet crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com
Tue Jul 25 10:18:05 PDT 1995

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Pug wrote:

> > > The idea of suggesting
> > >someone's name for the *Lion* has simply not occurred to me,
> > This probably works for today's silly question, but:
> > I've not heard of this award.... What is it given for?
>
> It's not an award that is given out often, that is why you haven't heard
> of it. There is at *most* one per reign given out. The Lion of Ansteorra
> is the award given to the person who is their personna. In other words,
> the people who are the ideal of what the SCA is about. Actually becoming
> the person that you are playing.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim Uhtred Gervas

Uh, now wait a minute, Pug. Taken wrong this seems to imply some sort of
mental condition, which is not REQUIRED to be a Lion :-)

It is given for makeing your persona seem real to the rest of us, and for
enhancing the game for those around you with your persona play.

You should be able to look at such a person and say, "Yes, that is what a
13th century archer (or whatever the persona) would be like!"

Savian