tourney query

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Fri Mar 10 14:51:13 PST 1995

<James Crouchet <crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com>>:
>I know it is reassuring to our modern minds to have everything codified
>and written down, but one of the things I look for in a fighter is the
>ability to adapt to changing conditions without being disconcerted or
>going into a huff over it.

Being flexible is certainly a good thing, and to be honest, I wish more
people were *able* to shrug off these petty annoyances.

>I also feel that much of the upset I have seen over "non standard"
>formats was actually a fighter's reaction when he thought his chances of
>winning were reduced.  I believe these folks need to get their priorities
>strait.

Well, to be honest, the discussion that prompted my first note began as
a discussion about past events that the people involved had hosted, and
that more than once, This Knight or That Duke had criticized the format
of the various tourney's.  As a rule, since our annual event is of a
nonstandard nature, we've heard all manner of whining and bitching every
year, and so, some of us have become a trifle jaded :)  However, these
things still must be discussed.

Diarmuit