Shields

Baker, Mike mbaker at rapp.com
Fri Dec 6 14:37:00 PST 1996

> (not that I've seen anyone with a truely square shield)

timo, I actually *have* seen a square shield in SCA usage (and no, it wasn't
just a wierd little buckler -- although, come to think of it, I've seen at
least one example of *that*).

Seemed to me to have all the DISadvantages of a round and none of the
round's ADvantages.

There is also a Japanese hand-guard / armor part that is sometimes
minimalized as "oh, it's just a different type of shield". IMO, it ain't:
attached to weapon or attached to armor, but not usable independently of
either.

Have a weekend, folks - back to this station on Monday!

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!