Why Drumming Kills a Bardic Circle

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Sun Dec 15 21:02:39 PST 1996

>On 13 Dec 96 at 18:27, Vicki Marsh wrote:
>> Actually, if you have a problem with drummers after a 2
>> AM time, or if they are playing way too loud near your tent, try
>> asking them to quiet down or move.
>
>Actually I'm kindof a weenie when this happens.  Usually when I'm
>annoyed I'm in a state of significant undress curled up in my tent,
>and not motivated enough to get dressed and wander over for a
>confrontation.  Last time this was a problem I was actually ill and
>just not up to it.
>
>Antoine

I've never had occasion to do this to drummers, but have occasionally asked
noisy neighbors/bardic circles/etc. to be quiet. My usual method is to
stumble up to them looking as sleepy and disheveled as possible (which isn't
difficult for me <G>) and say "folks, I don't want to ruin your fun, but my
wife and kids are trying to sleep right over there; could you please go be
noisy somewhere else?"

So far, it's worked every time.

     -Tivar Moondragon