Ansteorran Rules Website Overhaul

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 31 05:19:28 PDT 1996

> Hey 'Wolf! Kief here. I will remain in the "hardcopy mindset" until everyone
> is given a computer and free access to the 'net.

They don't?! Damn, what am I doing right then? *wink*

> Try thinking in these terms.
> If it's not written, it doesn't exist. The "hardcopy" rules of combat can only
> be "legally" changed if they are written/published in the _Black Star_. Or if
> a new "hardcopy" Handbook is published and signed by the Kingdom Senschal, the
> Crown, and the Earl Marshal of the Kingdom.

Very true.

> An electronicly "updated" version
> would not be valid unless the aforementioned steps occurred. The reason that
> this is so is the Marshalate Rules are a part of Kingdom Law.

Being part of Kingdom Law does not keep them from being made publically
available on the net. The benefit of this would be that everyone can get
it at the same time *if* the electronic version is done by the group that
publishes the paper version. Ideal candidates for the net, in *addition*
to paper copy, are documents that don't change very often. (It *might*
even keep people from using outdated copies since they would have the
latest instead of the latest they can find.) If people want a hard copy,
they can print it out at *their* expense and not the Kingdoms/Societies.

*grumbles about membership forms, name and device submissions not being
on the net*

> "Information wants to be free...but is really a slave to printing/mailing/shipping and 'net access costs..."

Nice little quote. I rather like it. Btw, information has always had a
cost, I think the cost of printing or net access is much more reasonable
than ones own life.

Btw, I'm crossposting to Ansteorra since some of these are relevant to
everyone and not just Bryn Gwlad. *smile*

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"