Ansteorran Rules Website Overhaul

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Jul 31 08:24:28 PDT 1996

Lorraine here...

Wulf
Since the Participants Handbook is part of Ansteorran Law did you ask
Barn, Maire and the Crown their opinion before putting it on the net?

And a question to the rest of you...
What should we put on the net?
People are putting lots of information on the Web including snail mail
addresses and phone numbers without asking permission of the party involved.
There are a lot of people who don't have a problem with their
info getting out into a small forum format (ie. the Kingdom Newsletter)
but may not want every idiot on the Web to know where they live.

I personally think we should not put locations of events we hold on the
Web. It's okay for some place like Pennsic that has stricter security
measures, but with some of the things that have happened here in
Ansteorra and with our position precarious in a number of communities
all it would take is one idiot who was convinced we were "evil" to
persuade a land owner not to let us use their land. Also since we
are not always able to enculturate our newcomers to even wear garb
at how are we REALISTICALLY going to adapt to those people who may
see us as some kind of cheap renfaire after one look at us on the web?

Lorraine
(not a hammer or a nail)