Armored and Rapier Combat

Chris Walden cmwalden at bga.com
Wed Jul 31 22:51:42 PDT 1996

> Larkin - the dipstick wrote:

>This practice was being held in a large open area with no
> set distinction between which part was for "heavy" and which for
> "light." I saw no problem on that day because there were an adequate
> number of marshals who were doing a good job.

That's the main trick.  The marshals are supposed to keep themselves
between fighters, spectators and danger.  If everyone does that then
things run smoothly even in smaller spaces.  When people start to
assume that others are watching and know what's going on then we
start to have problems.  (For when we assume it make a mess out of you
and me?)

Antoine Dore
Alden's